Maple Leaf Marinas is currently recruiting for a permanent, part-time Payroll Assistant to work alongside the Human Resources/Payroll Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day Payroll operations. The position will begin at 2 to 3 days a week, but has the potential to turn into a full-time role as the company grows.
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of relevant Payroll experience with excellent time management and organizational skills.
Job responsibilities include:
- Assist/oversee the Group Benefit Plan including Dental, Health, Long-Term Disability, EAP, RRSP/DPSP, enrollment, changes, terminations, etc.
- Assist with administration of employee leaves (LTD, Medical, Pregnancy/Parental, etc.)
- Complete full-cycle biweekly payroll processing for commission, salary and hourly employees (400+ employees bi-weekly)
- Maintain time attendance tracking system
- Issue ROEs and prepare payroll reports as requested
- Respond to payroll inquiries
- Complete all data entry requirements
- Assist with vacation pay, annual letters and T4, T2200 under direction of payroll Manager
- Assist with Disability and WSIB claims
- Oversee the online Health and Safety enrollment of all employees
- Respond to employee inquiries pertaining to benefits, pay-stubs
- Maintain records (paper and electronic) related to programs and claims in accordance with applicable legislation
- Draft letters as required
- 2 to 3 years of payroll experience.
- Excellent MS Word and Excel skills
- Able to maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Reliable, able to work under pressure