Maple Leaf Marinas (“MLM”) is the largest owner and operator of marinas, marine resorts, and boat dealerships in Canada. MLM’s fast growing portfolio comprises 14 locations throughout the Lake Simcoe, Georgian Bay and Muskoka Regions.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic individual to join our growing maintenance and operations crew that covers our three Lake Simcoe Marinas – namely Lefroy Harbour, Kon Tiki Marina, and Lake Simcoe Marine. The maintenance and operations crew are responsible for repairs and upkeep of the marina to maintain the grounds and physical plant, in addition to the operation of marina equipment such as forklifts and hydraulic trailers.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay and health benefits.
This position has the following responsibilities:
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Report to Marina Management and discuss daily activities that require attention
- Sustain good housekeeping and inventory of all tools and parts
- Responsible for cleanliness of the entire marina property, which may include; laundry room, washrooms, office, lunch room, chandlery, cleaning windows and other tasks as assigned
- To assist with the launching of boats (Spring)
- To assist with the lifting of boats (Fall)
- Assist with operation of equipment, such as using a forklift for facilitating boat ins and outs from the rack storage building, or the hydraulic trailer to move boats, among others
- Various construction related duties such as dock repairs, painting, etc.
- Ensure that any garbage on the yard is picked up and disposed of immediately
- Move, clean or shrink wrap boats from time to time
- Any other duties as assigned by management
The successful candidate will need to have the following experience:
- 5+ years experience with maintenance and/or operating equipment
- Experienced in the areas of general maintenance such as carpentry, electrical and equipment repair
- Knowledge of boating and/or the marine or related industries is an asset
- Must have a valid G Driver’s License
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and team approach
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including job title “Maintenance & Operations Crew” in the subject line, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.