As the go to, front line staff member the Store Clerk has a great impact on our relationship with our customer base. They are a main contact for existing customers and for potential new customers coming through our store and office. The ideal addition to our team must be customer oriented and possess strong interpersonal skills.
This position has the following responsibilities:
- Provide excellent Customer Service
- Assist customers in marina store with product
- Chandlery Sales (POS)
- Receiving customer payments
- Daily balancing of cash register POS
- Maintenance of marine store, stocking shelves, inventory, cleaning of product, setting up displays, etc.
- Work closely with Parts Manager to order stock and maintain parts inventory information
- Transient Dockage Assignments
- Develop knowledge of the marina layout and rental operations
- Develop knowledge to assist with seasonal dockage rental
- Assisting with answering telephones
- Maintenance of customer files and records
- Regular office duties
- Assist with special event coordination
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office
- Friendly & professional telephone manner
- Sales experience – thrives in a social retail environment
- Knowledge of Georgian Bay and the boating lifestyle
To become an integral part of our marina team and perform their job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service –Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills –Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions;
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone’s effort to succeed and offers help as required.
Quality –Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Monitors own work quality.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically, Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently;
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to extra hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time.
This is a temporary, full time position with 40 hours per week from April – November.