Personal Suitability: Must Be PUNCTUAL, DEPENDABLE, RELIABLE, Flexible, Judgment, Accurate, Organized and a Team Player
Hours: Fixed 40 hours/week (Seasonal)
Job Type: SEASONAL (April to Nov/December); Full-Time
Start Date: ASAP ~ End Date: Nov/Dec 2022 – Possible Recurring Seasonal
Employment Terms: Weekdays 08:30-17:00 (Some Possible Weekends)
Education: Forklift Operator Certificate or Satisfactory Completion of a Program within the first 30 days of employment, High School Diploma or Equivalent, A Valid Driver’s License, Secondary (high) school graduation certificate, Pleasure Craft Operator’s License – not required but Preferred.
Experience: The successful candidate will have six months forklift operation experience – Preferred, an in-depth knowledge of how the day-to-day operations in a marina setting takes place and how you can apply your skills and techniques in this setting to improve the efficiency and workflow of the company.
Transportation: Own Reliable Vehicle, Valid Driver’s License, your Own Transportation.
Work Location Information: Rural, Marina Property Setting
Own Equipment: All Weather Gear (Rain/Warm), Boots (Rubber/Winter) etc.
Work Site Environment: Must Be Able To Work In Wet and Cold Environment, Outdoors/Indoors (ALL WEATHER), Noisy, Odours, Dusty,
Area of Specialization: As a Forklift Operator, you are required to Assist the Marina Operations Manager with the coordination of the Launch and Haul process, move Watercrafts and other products around the Wawautosa Marina property, using a forklift or other types of loading devices. Your main duties include operating forklifts, winches, and other devices, loading and unloading watercrafts, equipment, and launching/hauling these watercrafts or relocating materials within the marina property.
Equipment and Machinery Experience: Fork-Lift Equipment, Gasoline Pumps etc.
Specific Skills: Operating powered Fork-Lift equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, and stacking watercraft and other products.
- Assist the Marina Operations Manager with the coordination of the Launch and Haul process.
- Operate the machinery required to safely handle and transport watercraft and other products.
- Key load, unload, move, stock, and stage watercrafts and other materials using a forklift.
- Pull and prepare watercrafts for launching and hauling as instructed, in all weather conditions, on a daily basis.
- Comply with all OSHA and MSDS standards.
- Verify load accuracy; check the load count, stability, and product damage, report variances as necessary.
- Change equipment battery or LP tank and monitor power source as necessary.
- Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Complete daily inspection of equipment.
- Refuel boats and vehicles,
- Maintain marina equipment and facilities,
- Other duties as required.
Additional Skills: Refuel boats and vehicles, exchange propane etc.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Bending, Crouching, Kneeling, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Work under pressure, Sitting for extended periods
How to apply
· By email: See ‘Apply Now’ Button
· By phone: 705-756-2681 from 09:00-17:00
· By fax: 705-756-2681
· In person: 169 Crooked Bay Road, PO Box 156, Port Severn, Ontario L0K 1S0 from 09:00-16:00
All Applications MUST include a Cover Letter or Email Detailing Specific Job Title and Personal Qualifications, Also, an Up-to-date Resume
Please note: Please check out our website for more detailed directions with photos. You can touch or scroll over each photo for directions. http://www.wawautosa.ca/contact-us/
Intended Job Posting Audience:
Anyone who has a residence in Canada and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job.
If you are not currently residing in Canada or authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Please DO NOT APPLY if you are not ALREADY RESIDING IN CANADA or eligible to work legally work in Canada.
Salary: $18.00 – $30.00/hour – To Be Negotiated (depending upon experience)