Maple Leaf Marinas (“MLM”) is the largest owner and operator of marinas, marine resorts, and boat dealerships in Canada. MLM’s fast growing portfolio comprises 14 locations throughout the Lake Simcoe, Georgian Bay and Muskoka Regions.
The Marine Technician Apprentice will work closely with our Lead Technician inspecting, servicing, and repairing marine engines for our clients. As a Marine Technician Apprentice, you will be responsible for inspecting and servicing engine equipment, troubleshooting, and performing repairs.
To ensure success as a Marine Technician Apprentice, you should have a basic understanding of inboard and outboard engines, be able to work on land and on the water, and be able to diagnose problems with electrical systems.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Traveling to marina or dock where the vessel is located
- Testing the performance of marine engines and electrical systems
- Carrying out services and minor repairs on outboards, and inboards
- Troubleshooting engine and electrical problems
- Replacing broken or worn-out engine parts
- Completing service records and repair documents
- Winterizing and summer prepping of all marine systems and accessories
- Complying with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and other issued procedures and guidelines, and with recognized good working practices
- Complying with marina regulations regarding dress and expected modes of behaviour
- Any other duties as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Such qualities and qualifications include:
- Detail oriented to ensure a high standard of work is carried out
- Team player and positive attitude
- Able to work within a proximity of water
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Ontario Boating License
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including job title “Marine Technician Apprentice” in the subject line, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Applicants must possess a valid work permit to work in Canada.