We are looking for an experienced marine technician to join our growing team. Or perhaps you’re an automotive technician looking for an exciting career change where you can work alongside the beautiful waters of Georgian Bay. This is a full-time year-round position with very competitive pay, health benefits, tool/boot allowances, and enrolment in our Group Retirement Savings Plan.
Maple Leaf Marinas (“MLM”) is the largest owner and operator of marinas, marine resorts, and boat dealerships in Canada. MLM’s fast growing portfolio comprises 18 locations throughout the Lake Simcoe, Georgian Bay and Parry Sound – Muskoka Regions.
The Marine Technician is responsible for inspecting, servicing, and repairing marine engines for our clients. As a Marine Technician, you will be responsible for traveling to the location of the vessel, inspect and service engine equipment, troubleshoot, and perform repairs. You may also be required to address problems with boat steering and hydraulic systems.
To ensure success as a Marine Technician, you should have extensive knowledge of inboard and outboard engines, be able to work on land and on the water, and be able to diagnose problems with electrical systems. Ultimately, a top-level Marine Technician can expertly diagnose and fix problems with marine electrical and mechanical systems of any size.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Traveling to marina or dock where the vessel is located
- Testing the performance of marine engines and electrical systems
- Carrying out services and minor repairs on outboard, inboard, and ship engines
- Conducting plumbing and intake repairs
- Troubleshooting engine and electrical problems
- Replacing broken or worn-out engine parts
- Repairing faulty hydraulic and steering systems
- Conducting electrical AC system maintenance
- Completing service records and repair documents
- Paying particular attention to hygiene and to minimise the risk of contamination
- Winterizing and summer prepping of all marine systems and accessories
- Complying with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and other issued procedures and guidelines, and with recognized good working practices
- Complying with marina regulations regarding dress and expected modes of behaviour
- Any other duties as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Such qualities and qualifications include:
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience as a marine or automotive technician
- Marine technician certification is a plus
- An understanding of the need for very high standards of technicality and analytics
- An eye for detail so that the work is carried out to a high standard
- Able to keep records accurately
- A positive attitude, and able to deal pleasantly and efficiently with customers
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to work within a proximity of water
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Ontario Boating License
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including job title “Marine Technician” in the subject line, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.