Warranty clerks ensure that businesses are paid for all product maintenance parts or replacements covered under a warranty by organizing, processing and reviewing warranty claims made by the customers of the business.
The main priorities for a warranty clerk are to ensure that all warranty paperwork is properly documented and that all verifying criteria needed by the factory/distributor are processed correctly. The warranty clerk should also keep abreast of all company announcements, especially factory recalls. The role involves working alongside the company’s accounting department to obtain payments for warranty work, and communicate with parts and service to ensure all departments are up-to-date. All customer and service records should be retained and organized neatly into a comprehensive filing system to ensure that the company maintains a good relationship with all clients and also to make certain that all payments sent and received are accounted for.
Responsibilities in point form.
- Create warranty work orders in conjunction with technician input and warranty guidelines from the manufacturer. Finalize warranty work orders.
- Communicate in timely manner completion of work to service department to ensure customer is notified that work is complete.
- Taking and recording digital photos for claim submission
- Review claims for manufacturer’s compliance.
- Submitting claims for payment
- Accounting and clearing differences in payment.
- Maintaining a clean warranty receivable schedule regularly to ensure proper cash flow.
- Maintaining appropriate certifications and warranty labor rates with each manufacturer.
- Tracking payment shortfalls from the manufacturer and determining cause and effect to develop streamlined procedure to minimize shortfalls
- Maintaining warranty ten bin to ensure any potential parts returns are cataloged and recorded.
- Develop and maintain CSI scores and tracking through follow up phone calls and online surveys with customer base to ensure customers’ expectations have been met based on warranty survey guidelines.
- Keep up to date on Campaigns and Recalls and relay information to service manager to facilitate completion of outstanding units.
- Communicate with manufactures to assist in expedition of outstanding claims.
- QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Good working knowledge of DMS software
- Knowledge of marine dealership service departments
- Knowledge of warranty accounting processes
- Proficient at reading technician stories and applying appropriate labor codes.
- Able to climb in and out of boats to gain further understanding of repair required and to facilitate pictures to explain repair.
- Applicants must possess a valid work permit to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume to Ben at,
Mail or in person: 55a Hatherley Rd.
Mactier, ON P0C 1H0