The Service Advisor position requires an individual who can work in a fast-paced environment, must be able to multi-task and work alone with little to no supervision. You will work directly with the Service Manager & Parts Manager to achieve maximum productivity levels within the service department.
As Service Writer you must be able to listen to our customers and gather as much information possible to determine their needs. You will have to interpret their issues and be able to relay them to technicians in order to do proper diagnostics on the boat.
- Entering estimates, work orders, part sales and other data as necessary
- Assuring that all charges related to a work order are recorded properly, charges include labour, parts and subcontract
- Keeping current with work order status, promise date and being able to communicate with the tech, and customer on any changes
- Updating customer and vendor profiles with information from Work orders
- Assist in handling customer complaints and concerns
- Assuring all work orders are closed in a timely manner
- Allocating parts to work orders
- Assisting with mechanical duties during winterizing and summerizing seasons
- Experience with service department software and Microsoft applications are required
- Regular office duties such as filing, answering the phone etc.
- Be proactive in all aspects of your job
- Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction at all times
- Greet customers immediately in a friendly and courteous manner
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and positive attitude
- Demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”
- Gain the trust and confidence of new customers when they are introduced to the service department
- Other duties as assigned